Here is your one-stop shop for space launches with our January launch schedule. This month sees 318 satellites launched and 1 test flight. Read on to find out more!
Last updated: October 19th 2023
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 3rd Transporter 6 : 114 microsatellites and nanosatellites launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, known as the Transporter 6 mission. It will launch from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida at 14:56 GMT. Delayed from October, November, December and January 2nd.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 8th Shijian 23 : The Shijian 23 satellite is launched aboard a Chinese Long March rocket. It will launch from Wenchang, China at 22:00 GMT.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 10th OneWeb 16 : 40 OneWeb satellites launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket at 04:50 GMT. It will launch from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. Delayed from January 8th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 15th USSF 67 : From the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, the USSF 67 mission launches for the U.S. Space Force at 22:56 GMT. It will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket and contains the 2nd Continuous Broadcast Augmenting SATCOM (CBAS 2) military communications satellite and the Long Duration Propulsive ESPA 3A (LDPE 3A) satellite. Delayed from 2022 and January 10th, 12th, 13th and 14th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 18th GPS 3 SV06 : The 6th 3rd-generation navigation satellite will launch for the Global Positioning System at 12:24 GMT. Built by Lockheed Martin for the U.S. Space Force, it will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. Delayed from late 2022.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 19th Starlink 2-4 : 51 Starlink satellites launch from the Vandenberg Space Force Base, California at 15:43 GMT. They will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. Delayed from January 10th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 24th “Virginia is for Launch Lovers” : Launching aboard a Rocket Lab Electron launch vehicle, 3 satellites make their way to space for HawkEye 360. They will launch from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport, Wallops Island, Virginia at 23:00 GMT. Delayed from December 7th, 9th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 18th and January 23rd.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 26th IGS Radar 7 : A Japanese H-2A rocket with designation H-2A F46 will launch the IGS Radar 7 satellite from the Tanegashima Space Centre, Japan. Launching at 01:50 GMT, it is being launched on behalf of the Japanese government’s Cabinet Satellite Intelligence Centre. Delayed from January 24th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 26th Starlink 5-2 : SpaceX launch the next batch of 56 Starlink satellites from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. They will launch aboard a Spacex Falcon 9 rocket at 09:32 GMT. Delayed from January 24th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 31st Starlink 2-6 : Using a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, SpaceX launch another batch of 49 Starlink satellites from the Vandenberg Space Force Base, California at 16:15 GMT. Delayed from January 29th and 30th.