Here is your one-stop shop for space launches with our February launch schedule. This month sees 2 launches to space stations, 1 test flight and 1 lunar mission. Read on to find out more!
Last updated: November 10th 2022
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 2nd Starlink 5-3 : A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida at 07:58 GMT. It will carry 53 Starlink satellites. Delayed from February 1st.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 5th Elektro-L 4 : From the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, the Elektro-L 4 weather satellite is launched aboard a Russian government Proton rocket. It was built by NPO Lavochkin and will launch at 09:12 GMT.
Launches to Space Stations
- 16th Progress 83P : A Russian government Soyuz rocket launches the 83 Progress cargo delivery ship to the International Space Station from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.
- Undated Crew 6 : SpaceX‘s Crew Dragon spacecraft launches with astronauts for the 9th time. It will take NASA astronauts Stephen Bowen and Warren ‘Woody’ Hoburg, UAE astronaut Sultan Al Neyadi and Russian cosmonaut Andrey Fedyaev to the International Space Station. It will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida. Watch it live.
- Undated CST-100 Starliner Crew Flight Test : Boeing‘s CST-100 Starliner spacecraft makes its first crewed test flight, launched aboard a United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. It will take NASA astronauts Butch Wilmore and Suni Williams to the International Space Station. Delayed from August 2020, early 2021, June 2021, late 2021 and late 2022.
- Undated Peregrine : Astrobiotic‘s Peregrine robotic lunar lander will launch on the inaugural flight of a United Launch Alliance Vulcan Centaur rocket from the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida. It will carry several experiments, instruments and tech demo payloads for customers including NASA. Delayed from mid-2022 and late 2022.