Here is your one-stop shop for space launches with our February launch schedule. This month sees at least 140 satellites launched and 2 launches to space stations. Read on to find out more!
Last updated: March 1st 2022
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 2nd NROL-87 : A classified payload is launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Vandenburg Space Force Base, California at 20:27 GMT. It launches for the U.S. government’s spy satellite agency.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 3rd Starlink 4-7 : Another batch of 49 Starlink satellites will be launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida at either 18:13 GMT. Delayed from January 29th, 30th, 31st, and February 1st and 2nd.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 5th Kosmos 2553 : A Russian government Soyuz rocket will launch containing a classified satellite payload from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome, Russia at 07:00 GMT. It is believed that it launched the Neitron military reconnaissance satellite.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 10th OneWeb 13 : 34 satellites are launched as part of OneWeb‘s broadband constellation aboard an Arianespace Soyuz rocket from Sinnamary, French Guiana at 18:09 GMT.
- LAUNCH FAILURE 10th VCLS Demo 2 : Developed by NASA and U.S. universities, 6 experimental CubeSats launch from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida at 20:00 GMT. They include the BAMA 1 CubeSat, the Ionospheric Neutron Content Analyser, QubeSat and R5-S1. The missions will launch aboard a small satellite launch vehicle developed by Astra. Delayed from January 18th and late January. Scrubbed on February 5th and 7th.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 14th EOS 04 : India launch the EOS 4 (previously RISAT 1A) radar Earth observation satellite aboard their Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, designated PSLV-C52. It will launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Center, Sriharikota at 00:29 GMT. Delayed from 2021.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 21st Starlink 4-8 : A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 46 Starlink satellites as part of the broadband constellation from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida at 14:44 GMT.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 25th Starlink 4-11 : Another set of Starlink satellites will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Vandenburg Space Force Base, California at approximately 17:12 GMT.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 28th StriX β : The StriX β radar satellite launches aboard a Rocket Lab Electron rocket for Synspective. It will launch from the Mahia Peninsula, New Zealand at 20:39 GMT.
Launches to Space Stations
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 15th Progress 80P : The 80th Progress cargo delivery ship makes its way to the International Space Station aboard a Russian government Soyuz rocket from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan at 04:25 GMT.
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 19th NG-17 : The 18th Cygnus cargo freighter launches on the 17th operational cargo delivery flight to the International Space Station. It will launch aboard a Northrop Grumman Antares rocket from Wallops Island, Virgina at 17:40 GMT.