Here is your one-stop shop for space launches with our March launch schedule. This month sees 229 satellites launch and 1 test flight. Read on to find out more!
Last updated: March 6th 2021
- LAUNCH SUCCESS 4th: Approximately 60 satellites are launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket as part of their Starlink broadband network. Known as Starlink V1.0-L17, the 20th Starlink mission will launch from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida at 01:37 GMT. Delayed from January 29th, 30th, 31st and February 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 17th. Scrubbed on February 28th. Delayed from March 2nd.
- 10th: Starlink V1.0-L20 launches approximately 60 satellites as the 21st batch of SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network. It will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida at 02:55 GMT. Delayed from March 8th. Watch it live from 02:40 GMT.
- 12th: China launch the unclassified XJY 6 satellite aboard a Long March 7A rocket. It will launch from Wenchang, China.
- 13th: SpaceX launch Starlink V1.0-L21, the 22nd batch of approximately 60 satellites for the Starlink broadband network. It will launch aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida at 10:06 GMT. Watch it live from 09:51 GMT.
- 20th: A rideshare mission launches the CAS500 1 Earth observation satellite for the Korea Aerospace Research Institute, Astroscale‘s debris removal demonstration mission and 4 Earth-imaging microsatellites built by Axelspace. It will launch aboard a Russian Soyuz rocket from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan at 06:07 GMT.
- 25th: 36 OneWeb satellites are launched aboard a Russian Soyuz rocket as part of their broadband communications constellation. The rocket will launch from the Vostochny Cosmodrome, Russia. Delayed from February 25th.
- Undated: India’s Small Satellite Launch Vehicles (SSLV)’s first commercial mission will launch 4 Earth observation satellites for BlackSky Global from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, India. Delayed from November 2019 and early 2020.
- Undated: India’s first GEO Imaging Satellite, GISAT 1, is launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Center, Sriharikota, India. It will launch aboard the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mk. 2 (GSLV Mk.2). Delayed from January 15th 2020, February 2020 and March 5th 2020.
- Undated: Rocket Lab launch an Electron rocket from Wallops Island in Virginia for the U.S. Air Force. It will contain the experimental mission Monolith, a space weather instrument forming part of the Space Test Program. Delayed from 2019, August 2020, September 2020 and end of 2020.
- Undated: India’s Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) will perform its first orbital test flight from the Satish Dhawan Space Center, Sriharikota, India. Delayed from September 2019, December 2019, January 2020 and December 2020.